Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip

Thanks for the chart. I will stay away from the acetone/ipa mix for the PC boards.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I could use the screws to

The 85 has a bad p channel jfet sot23 and I've had a problem locating one, so I put the meter aside. But some time before it crapped, the sounder wou ld squawk for no reason so something else was going on with it. I isolated the sounder for the last year I used it. Also, the terminal blocks on thes e are crap and this one was breaking up, so I retired it.

John

Reply to
ohger1s

Thanks. Got the screws today. They fit nicely in the 8060A. However, there's a bit of an oddity here. The Model 85 screws fit in the 8060A, but the original screws (as borrowed from an 8024A) are a bit different. Notice the double spiral, the different pitch, and that the 8024a screw is a bit larger diameter. Which style does your 8060A use?

Incidentally, when I removed the 40 pin chip from its socket, I found that some of the socket contacts had gotten wet and started to corrode. I've also got an offset on most scales thanks to leakage across the PCB. Looks like I'll be replacing the socket with something better, and giving the PCB an alcohol rubdown.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The screws from my IBM 8060A are the double helix. The screws I sent you d id not actually come from my 85, but from a newer 77. When asking around if anyone had any dead Flukes (trying to locate that p-jfet for my 85), I w as given a 77 that was blasted by a microwave oven. The 77 didn't have the jfet I needed so I ended up fixing the 77 and returning it to the donator as a gift, but not before swapping the screws with some generic screws I ha d as payment :). Those I sent to you because there were three and I only h ad two from the 85. Whew!

When I removed the chip from the socket, I found there was no corrosion evi dent but two of the tangs in the socket came apart, so I ordered a new sock et and put the repair on hold until it arrives.

John

Reply to
ohger1s

Thanks. Those are almost impossible to find. I think it's a #7-19 3/4" High Low Thread Forming Screw. Digging: My digital calipers claims it's a #7-19 and 19 tpi which seems about right. Nothing on eBay. I can't seem to find any that I can order, but will continue digging. I also need to verify the size, which seems rather odd.

Sigh. So I have to change my JPG again. Grumble(tm).

If I have time, I'll try to identify the JFET for the Model 85. What is the reference designator so I know which one?

I just can't resist the temptation. What the [deleted explitive] was someone thinking when they put the DVM in the oven? Is this the same person that tried to dry their poodle in the micrwave?

Nicely done.

Thanks again.

I have about 5 assorted Fluke meters scattered around. Most are held together with one screw and a rubber band. Most are the older models, which take the high-low thread forming screws. I hadn't planned on doing this for a while, but I guess now that I've started, it's time to replace the missing parts, fix any battle damage, clean the crud out of the guts, and calibrate the meters.

I have a bunch of these, which methinks will work (after I check the height). I had the same problem with the existing socket. Where the corrosive goo from the electrolytic or water rotted out the socket, one of the contacts fell out. However, I cleaned the other contact, which still works... for now. I guess I should stock up on replacment electrolytics and just do a pre-emptive replacement. Sigh, the project grows.