Flat screen TV inductor question.

I parted out a flat screen TV, I pulled an inductor off a board. The inductor is about 3" long and an inch in diameter. It is wound with a litz type wire and the value is 5.6uH. I'm curious, what was the use of this coil. It seemed to carry a pretty heavy current, because it was mounted with 4 pins on each end and all four pins were connected to the litz. Also the solder joints to all the pins were over heated. So, in what circuit would this be used.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The trick is to keep the boards intact until you need the parts, then the context helps reveal information about the part.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I have boxes of boards, I'm just curious about the use of this physically large inductor.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

But if you have the rest of the board, that might give an indication. WHere it sits might be a a broad giveaway, to narrow things down.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black