Fish Finder (depth-sounder) display problem.

Hi all, I have a Fish-Finder with a 4" x 5" approx. LCD screen which has vertical stripes (no image) at various points across it.I am not very familiar with this technology, I know it has a (square waves?) drive and dedicated ic's for display.the housing was gas filled (not anymore).Would these missing bands be caused by bad contact 'tween the rubber connecting pads on the screen / pcb interface? shame really as the instrument works fine other than the display. Thank you for reading this.

Reply to
kontiki

Very possible

It's called a zebra connector

Try cleaning the zebra and display contacts with alcohal. Do not handle the contact areas, they must remain clean. bg

Reply to
bg