Feiteng A7100 fake imei?

I got a Feiteng A7100 smartphone from everbuying.com

It won't connect. Rest ok.

Is it possible their IMEI is fake?

What recourse? (would credi card or PayPal refund?)

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Use one of the numerous ESN and IMEI check sites on the internet. Some charge for the service, so be careful. I think this one is free, but I'm not sure:

Contact the person that sold you the phone.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Also check out "

" - they have a database of phones which have been reported as stolen. Some cellphone providers are now using databases of this sort to block the use of stolen cellphones, thus reducing the incentive to steal 'em.

Or, the phone could just be defective (bad radio?)

They claim to offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee on their web site. Have you contacted them, reported the problem, and asked them for a replacement or to authorize a return/refund?

In the case where you've ordered merchandise and have been delivered it (but it doesn't work) most payment processors require you to first attempt to work with the merchant to resolve the problem.

Reply to
David Platt

The 2 IMEIs are printed on the serial number label behind the battery

There are rumors of fake IMEI

But I think this phone is the OEM who resells it to a "name" firm

Is it possible the "name" firms get the OEM IMEIs unregistered so they can't sell in the USA cheaply?

It is a Spreaddtrum openphone that emulates MTK 6515

The IMEI prefix thaat is the same for both is 352709