Fanuc circuit board schematics?

Can anyone here point me to a place to download Fanuc circuit board schematics? I've looked on the web with no luck. Fanuc is a machine tool control maker and the controls are quite common. Robust too. But when the older ones break getting parts repaired can be problematic. I have a power unit that just went bad and I would like to see if I can repair it myself before sending it out and paying about $1000.00 US. Thanks, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Check with "Al the Man" on CNCZone, in the Fanuc section. He was a Fanuc factory tech, and has a room full of old manuals. Some Fanuc stuff they were REAL cagey about, and nobody outside the factory were ever shown schematics, but other stuff was fairly available to the factory techs.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Thanks for the reply and the pointer Jon. I'll look for "Al the Man" tonight. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Greetings Jon, I contacted Al and he says that he has few Fanuc schematics. But it was a good try so thanks anyway. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Well, maybe NOBODY has Fanuc schematics, then. Al has sent me a bunch of scanned excerpts from manuals, but they were mostly cable connection diagrams and cross references of encoder models. Maybe I just got very lucky that some of what I needed, he happened to have. Back in the OOOLLLD days, all Fanuc controls came with a complete schematic set. But, that was maybe for 1982-vintage controls with

80186 CPUs. The newer the gear, the more secretive they became. I reverse-engineered the protocol on their serial encoders, with a little help from Al and a lot from lucky eBay buys of encoders. But, just about NO help from Fanuc. I hope you fare better.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Greetings Jon, I am thinking that nobody has the schematics too. Do you have Nobody's email adress? I am, with the help of a book, a TEK 465B 'scope, and advice from an electronics engineer friend, going to try to figure out what's wrong with the unit. Repair units are sold at a fixed price on an exchange basis, I send mine in with a check and they send me a repaired unit from off the shelf. So even if I damage the thing it more it won't cost me any more to get a replacement. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Can you share me the Fanuc 0 schematic. My mail: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to