Failed air conditioner run capacitor pictures

Hello all!

About eight years ago, the run cap in my outdoor A/C unit failed; replacing it made it work fine for at least a few more years, until I moved out of that house.

I found the dead cap while cleaning some stuff up, so I took some pictures of it before tossing it. Maybe these will help someone recognize a bad cap someday.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

I actually considered gong and replacing thiose as part of the business. I could sell it on electronics theory, that when that cap is ½ or ¾ bad, it is costing you money. In fac t I got personal evidence of that.

Reply to
jurb6006

Sure you do. Half failed oil caps. Right. Sure. Unh huh.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell