Epson DFX-8500 Dot matrix Printer Powers up and goes out in a few seconds.

There is this Epson dot matrix DFX-8500 printer which powers up for just about 40 seconds and goes off . When I remove the magnetic (reed switch) sensor cable the power light stays on but the Head does not move and the pause light also stays on and does not respond to any command from the pannel. May I know what might be the problem?

Reply to
fynnashba

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ha escrito:

Which magnetic switch? The door switch? A print head switch? Probably the printer is detecting a jammed motor or mechanism and that=B4s why it turns off by itself.

Considering the value of that printer, you really would want to have it repaired by Epson. Spares for it are quite expensive, and you can do more damage to it if you don=B4t know what you are doing.

Reply to
lsmartino

Or maybe the EEPROM is dead.

--