DVD spindle motor replacements.

I have two DVD players in my shop. One is a Mitsubishi DD-6000, the other is a Toshiba SD-1300A. They both have bad spindle motors caused by flimsy brushes. One of the motors has a direct short across the dc input, the other one had very low torque. Both manufacturers make you buy the entire assembly, laser, etc., in order to get a new spindle motor. This assembly is over $110. As you can see by the photo of these motors:

they seem very similar. I tried removing the motor casing to repair it but it is nearly impossible to do so without deforming the metal enclosure. Does anyone know of a generic type replacement for this type of motor. It doesn't seem much more complicated than a regular cd spindle motor except that there is an extra optical sensing device to regulate speed.

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Reply to
David Farber

I can supply you wit your hard to find numbers. I salvage those CD roms that are not sold or display models. Motors are like new. I sell single item at reasonable costs.

therepairman at >I have two DVD players in my shop. One is a Mitsubishi DD-6000, the other is a

Reply to
Whome

Whome wrote:

Hi there,

I don't think I need those motors any more as I posted that message more than nine years ago. (-:

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

LOL! In an age of $70 blue ray players, I was wondering who was repairing any DVDs anymore!

Reply to
John-Del

I found a blu-ray player on the sidewalk three weeks ago, when everyone was moving. The front panel of the drawer was missing, as if a disc had gotten stuck and they'd tried to pry open the drawer. I plug it in, the display says "power on" and then it seems to turn off. But hooking it up, it plays a DVD fine, there's a feature to turn off the display. I have to get a blu-ray movie to try that, but it seems fine.

No remote, which perhaps is the issue. A lot of these things need the original remote to do much. And this one is relatively fancy, has an ethernet port so it can do internet things. Apparently one can hook up a USB keyboard, I hope but doubt that that would mean I can control it from the keyboard.

And like my tv set, and like my TomTom One $10 garage sale GPS, this too uses LInux.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

ginal remote to do much.

An economical way I have found to use things like these when the original r emote is missing is to buy two universal remotes at least one with learning capability. They are cheap. It is very likely there are some codes in the universal remote that will work most functions but with keys incorrectly ma pped to buttons. It is unlikely you will find a working code with keys corr ectly mapped, at least with todays cheap no name brand devices where all of them seem to share a manufacturer but have different remote key codes. To search for a code keep the device turned on while using the remote searc h funcion, as soon as you see any response, stop and try all buttons, surel y many of them will trigger different responses. At this point use the learning remote to map them to the correct key accord ing to the observed response. After a while you end with a fully functional remote for that device.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul