DVD Remote Battery,leakages around CR2025

Remote for my 6 month old purchased DVD(CyberHome-WallMart)stopped working since long:when I took out original CR2025 3V,I have seen leakages(white salty material contamination)around it,I fixed CR not

2025,3V from a dead CPU,shake remote,it start working. Want to know reason of contamination,any effect as new battery is not CR 2025,but having CR#-3V. What does CR represent
Reply to
Thaqalain

I just read that:

Never subject the battery to severe shock. Dropping, throwing or stomping on the battery may cause distortion, leakage, overheating, explosion, or fire.

Never expose the battery to ultrasonic sound. Exposing the battery to ultrasonic sound may cause short-circuiting because the inside material is broken into pieces, leading to distortion, leakage, overheating, explosion, or fire.

The replaced battery currently in use is RENATA CR2032,Swiss made.While original was NewSun CR2025,Japani made.Can i clean it with alcohol and try to reuse?I mean is it safe?

Reply to
Thaqalain

Thaqalain: Just go to WalMart or Radio Shack, open up your wallet, take out several bucks, and BUY a new, correct number CR2025, replacement battery instead of farting around with the wrong one that is leaking, and will leak again for sure. electricitym . .

Reply to
electricitym

Remote working well with CR2032,I may clean CR2025 to put it in my dead CPU.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Please, throw the leaking thing out...

--