DVD player failures

Why is it in DVD players the first thing to fail is always the screen and not the motor? Well, at tleast the screen shows stuff but all fuzz and stuff. THis has happened to me with maybe four portable DVD players in the past fifteen years. Whereas portable TVs always seem to die by losing audio. I had two pocket one inch BW LCD TVs that lasted two decades. It this really progress?

--
	 Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
  blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web:  panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

snipped-for-privacy@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com wrote: ==================================

** I have a CD player that I bought in May 1983. An original model Sony CDP101.

Use it regularly and it works great with CD ROMs too.

Paid A$1100 for it back then. Maybe you *do* get what you pay for.....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison