Does this simple HDMI device exist?

HDMI signals go from a source to a display. I need a device to go between the source and the display. This device would save the edid of the display and report that back to any source connected to the device whether or not the display is on.

One response to a previous query of mine suggested a device that costs about $100 which is too much for my application.

What would such a device be called so I can google for online options?

Reply to
root

somde KVMs work that way, but you'd probably find it difficult to get info to confirm it for any given model, before buying.

This will do it, about half of the price, check for local suppliers

EDID emulator

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks very much for responding. I see that I can find simple ones in the $23 range which is compatible with my application.

Reply to
root