Do all 90mhz handsets work with bases

Hello I have a base for a Panasonic cordless 900mhz phone but no handset other than a Vtech 900mhz handset. Assuming the channel allotment is the same I wonder if the Vtech can use the Panasonic if the handset is charged with an alternate cradle. I checked Goldswasser's faq but to no avail Thanks Ken

Reply to
kturnerga

Probably no.. There is a small chance they are both the same phone in different packaging, but I doubt it. You could always try.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I see that my statement was unclear.. If the phone looks physically compatible, there is a possibility. If it fits on the base, try it and see what happens if you have no use for the phone and base.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Why not just try it? It's old enough technology that it may work.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Meat Plow wrote in news:1a575i.59t.17.1 @news.alt.net:

is

I think inter-phone compatibility went away with digitally controlled

46/49Mhz phones

Before that they used simple pilot tones and standard fixed frequency crystal oscillators. Assuming you got a phone and base on the same channel, you could likely tweak the pilot generators/detectors and have it work.

After that, they used there own phoneBase communication scheme, and/or subcodes.

Reply to
Gary Tait

The different manufactures use their own frequency and protocol. Only if the units are internally the same and designed to work with the same protocol they will be compatible.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA