DIY cushion for bread machine

We have a bread machine. The pan fits into a socket inside the machine, with a small gasket to keep it tight. The parts places all call it a cushion.

We lost it. The machine still works, but it rattles during kneading.

There are many places that sell them, in the end the cheapest I could get including postage to Israel was $20. One place wanted 40 UKP for postage.

That's 1/3 of the price of a new machine.

Since it reaches over 400f while the bread is baking, I don't want to put just any old rubber washer in there.

Does any have any suggestions for a locally available material (or even from China via eBay) that could be cheaper and used to make it?

If you are familar with Srugu, do you think it would work, or would the temperature be too high?

TIA,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to

Not sure about Srugu, but something like this?

In the US, though...

You didn't say what size or shape, but

JW

There's all sort of kitchen bakeware made of silicone rubber around these days. Cut the perimeter band off an 8/10 or 12 inch pie mould , it can stretch quite a lot, to wrap around a pan.

Reply to
N_Cook

Thanks, probably either would work, but the cheapest one is $20 including postage.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Thanks, that probably would do. It's about 3 inches in diameter and 1/4 of an inch thick.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

There are loads of moulds for cakes,pies or something of the order 3 inch diameter, you can always overlay strips to bulk up width .

Reply to
N_Cook

Food grade RTV silicone, e.g.

.