Distinguishing manufacturer's PCB wash from user spillage?

I'm repairing a 16 channel Mackie 1604 mixing desk. On a large area of one pcb there is a distinctive scum pattern where a liquid has dried leaving a dried bubble lattice pattern. I somehow doubt it could be due to in-service drinks spill, due to where this patterning is, but is there a way of distinguishing deliberate at-manufacture from in-use ?

n cook

Never underestimate the ability of a sound man to spill drinks absolutely anywhere. ;-)

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Check the obvious - look at the enclosure, there'll be traces....

Reply to
Phil

it

is,

in-use ?

No trace on the casing, but I'm surprised this horrible looking mess would pass final QC or would the appearance have worsened or perhaps only becaome apparent, over time.

It started with the other pitfall, USA equipment (120 V in very tiny letters) with a nice Euro socket, used in the UK so inviting a UK standard mains lead. About 90 off SM plus 2 SIP 4560 dual amps , 6 off SM 2901 quad comp and nothing else in the way of ICs strangely.

n cook