Display from an old Toshiba 205CDS

A photo of the display on an old Toshiba 205CDS is here.

An external monitor connected to the machine is illustrated here.

From that I conclude the problem is in the video adapter rather than the laptop screen or monitor.

This is approximately how the display should appear.

Testing the video adapter isn't as easy as swapping a card in a desktop machine. Any ideas for a repair?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter Easthope

Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:00:49 -0500, Jeff wrote,

There is no response to or to and I am unable to open the BIOS. With a boot diskette in the drive, it still boots from the hdd. Disconnecting the hdd might force booting from a diskette. Have yet to try that.

In any case, the display is scrambled from the earliest visible state.

Thanks for the ideas, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter Easthope