Dish Network receiver DP508 no UHF remote

This receiver supports a Dish remote control that transmits IR(line of sight) and UHF(through the walls).

It's definitely a fault in the receiver with UHF reception. IR works fine and I've tried different remotes. It won't even work with the remote inches from the antenna. Anyone know a fix for the receiver other than shipping it out or replacing it?

Reply to
DV

inches

it

address codes? reboot reciever? Take batteries out of remote overnight and start from scratch?

Reply to
Deke

If it never worked with that receiver, it probly has the "code" set to the wrong number. Look in your DISH receiver book and it will tell you how to locate the code the DISH receiver is set to, and how to program the remote to that code. In this manner, several UHF remotes can be used in the same house with several mating DISH receivers without interaction.

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
Andy

fine

inches

it

Or somebody fooling with the remote reset the address code to something else, by accident. Happened to me when a pair of pre-teens came to visit.

Reply to
Deke

As I said in the original post, different remotes, same problem. It was intermittent at first. I know it's a problem with the receiver, I'm looking for a fix from someone who knows these receivers.

Reply to
DV