Diode/ Transistor oddity marked CD0000

From German ECA databook listed as Ge equt to 1N34 This is continuing saga of 2 old Japanese radios that owner removed from forgotten make & model cases and put in something else. One stopped working a long time ago and the other just recently. I've repaired one so can compare cold and active so no great problems. Only marking on pcb is MEP 16 issue 6 , probably 1972 using Toshiba Ge transistors and italic f, so probably Fairchild, Si transistors but otherwise all else is Japanese.

This detector diode is o/c , is the black dome top / brown cylinder body with Fairchild f logo and probable date code of 214. But it is obviously made as a transistor with one leg crudely snipped off and .75V forward voltage between the stump and one other pin. Obviously I will replace with a Si signal diode but just curious , can anyone work out what is going on with the labelling & Si/Ge business.

N_Cook