Diode ID

Hi,

I need to ID a diode. It is in the regulation circuit of an old 28v Power Supply.

Markings are Z104 (twice) and CDC.

There are other diodes on the board in the 1N4001 case style/size, but this one is slightly longer and thinner and has a black shiny coating, not matt.

There is a schematic on the Interweb for this machine, but this supply does not correspond to that circuit.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
sound.service

the Z in the marking might indicate a zener diode. Is the original part dead? If so, your best bet is to reverse-engineer the schematic so to guess better what is the right substitution. A power supply shouldn't be that hard to fix.

HTH Frank

Reply to
frank

The old Lambda power supplies used a FBM-Z104 6.2V Reference diode. Make sense?

Reply to
JC

That makes perfect sense. This is a Lambda supply, the diode is almost certainly a Zener.

Thanks very much!

Gareth.

Reply to
sound.service

Supply still not working with new 6.2v zener. Do you know of any schematics for this? The PCB is Lambda HAL-01-006.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
sound.service

Oops, I'm an eejit, there are 2 Remote Sense connections on the PSU output that are required to be connected, the PSU is now running fine.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
sound.service

First, a possible source for help would be:

Then, it has been my experience that when the Zener goes, it is only after much else has gone. Test _ALL_ the diodes (they are cheap enough anyway), and _ALL_ the caps.

Without delving any deeper, is this a solid-state supply? If so, I would be checking the VR chips throughout.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

First, a possible source for help would be:

Then, it has been my experience that when the Zener goes, it is only after much else has gone. Test _ALL_ the diodes (they are cheap enough anyway), and _ALL_ the caps.

Without delving any deeper, is this a solid-state supply? If so, I would be checking the VR chips throughout.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

This PSU is all discrete, the only problem was the Zener, fortunately. There is a fair amount of circuitry here.

Thanks to all who replied,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis