Device to measure electricity meter reading?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is such a device that will link to a serial port of a PC and report on the electricity meter reading for a domestic property?

Many thanks

Charles

Reply to
charles.smithe

Why?

NSM

Hello, NSM! You wrote on Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:12:11 GMT:

??>> Does anyone know if there is such a device that will link to a serial ??>> port of a PC and report on the electricity meter reading for a ??>> domestic property?

N> Why?

Not why, WATT! :^) At a guess it's probably a landlord wanting to keep a sharp eye on the tenants. I don't think it would be legal to hook a W/H meter up to a supply meter but I suppose a cheap webcam might give you a remote reading.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

serial

but

Some specifics would help. Some meters do now report remotely.

NSM