Dell Axim X30: Source for connector?

Him

I'm searching for a source where I can get the multipin connector located at the bottom side of Dell Axim X30 PDA.

TIA

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de:

Looks like we need more info. What plugs into it? Can you post a closeup photo of it on the web?

Reply to
Jim Land

Jim Land schrieb:

I did, but I'm not sure that it is really helpful:

As can be seen there are some bent pins on the right side - obviously the former owner of the X30 wasn't very careful when inserting it into the cradle.

In fact, it's a SM-type connector with 26 pins.

FWIW, here's the corresponding jack:

CU

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de:

The sync connector on the X30 is notorious for pins getting bent (even when you're being careful!) and for being ridiculously difficult to replace (unsoldering).

Best way: Send it to pocketpctechs (or similar) and have them replace it for about US$60.

Full+Service+Repairs.htm

Further info:

Jim Land

Jim Land schrieb:

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your answer though it's not really encouraging ...

It's a long way to Tipp.../Fountain Valley! Probably a used X30 in good condition is cheaper than repair + shipping + customs :-(!

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Or salvage one from an LG phone, if the info on this site is corect

Wes.

Reply to
Wes.