Decent Extended Warranty for SONY 46" LCD TV?

My Sony KDL46S2010 is reaching the end of its 1 year manufacturers warranty in Jan 2008. I received an extended warranty offer from Circuit City to extend 1 year for $239, 2 years for $451. This seems a bit high and I have some reservations about CC following through on a claim. Are there any reputible and affordable extended warranty options out there? Anyone have expereince with Circuit City?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Circuit city does follow through on the warranties, but I agree the price is high. Maybe try giving a call direct to Warrantech or AON and see if they will compete on price.

Warrantech's number is 800-279-1662. You can Google AON under the name "The Warranty Group"

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I recently had good results with Circuit City, although they were somewhat rocky at the onset:

Our 14-month old Panasonic plasma suddenly would not turn on. Having purchased their extended warranty, I called them. They initially sent a tech who ultimately turned out to not be authorized to work on Panasonic, so they sent someone else (a week later) who didn't have the part the first fellow had determined was needed (PS board).

Having been without the set for a month I determined I'd given them sufficient opportunity to get it fixed under the warranty and called them. Before I had a chance to finish my explanation the store manager suggested they just replace the set.

They have me a better set (same brand, 2 years newer, better resolution, sound, etc), a new extended warranty for the new set, and a $100 gift card for my troubles.

I have no complaints!

Reply to
Mr. Land