Dead laptop keys after disassembly

I have an Acer E15 net book that runs Xubuntu. Recently the back panel of the clamshell case cracked, and I had to replace it with a part from eBay.

This required disassembling the laptop and removing the keyboard top from the motherboard, which requires removing the keyboard and touchpad ribbon cable.

I've reassembled the laptop and now some of the keys aren't working...I,O,S,D, etc. I've inspected the ribbon cable and connector and they don't appear they be damaged, and I've reseated the cable several times with the same result.

Any suggestions?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/