Cuisinart Coffee Maker -- Diagram or photo of internals?

I ran the clean cycle on our Cuisinart DCC-2650 coffee maker, but then when I went to rinse it with clean water it didn't heat up.

I removed the screws from the metal bottom plate, but it seems that that was a mistake, because when I removed the deep-set screws in the plastic part of the bottom and removed the whole bottom everything was disconnected from that metal plate, and I can't see exactly where everything fitted.

More precisely: there is a Q8025J6 Triac hanging by its wire leads, which are held against the edge of a clear plastic part, and an aluminum plate (heat sink) but I can't figure out exactly how they go back together.

And IAC if the Triac is the problem, so far I've only found companies selling them in minimum lots of 50.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I figured out how everything goes back together, but of course it still didn't work, so I did a little probing with the bottom (plastic plus metal plus everything attached to the metal again) off and the thing plugged in. I measured 120V across the outer shells of what I assume are thermal fuses with their leads spot-welded to the terminals of the heating element, but nothing across the terminals of the element. One of those thermal fuses is bad, but with no way of spot-welding a replacement in place is there any practical way of fixing it?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I had a coffee maker with failed thermal fuse. There were two in series and I just jumpered the bad one. This had spade type connectors... maybe post pic and someone will have an idea.

George H. (I have a hate/love relation with coffee makers... well mostly hate.)

Reply to
ggherold

You seem to be posting via Google Groups, whereas I am posting to UseNet with no possibility of attaching pictures.

eBay has multiple listings for thermal fuses for Bunn coffee makers, but I would still have to find a way of connecting one in circuit: solder is out, so I'd have to find crimp connectors of appropriate size.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

UseNet

You don't have to "attach"; put a photo anywhere on the web (Dropbox etc etc) and include a URL...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

This needs boiling water. No CPU, no Triac, no cords .

Reply to
Klay Anderson

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:35:28 AM UTC-4, Percival P. Cassidy One of

Then, eutectic silver solder.

Safe, effective, and will withstand the heat.

Use the squig (soldering ring) to join the ends and then crimp it. Solder with silver solder. Done.

I keep both for just these sorts of repairs, and also my wife's jewelry.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Yes. The retail bubble-packaged replacement thermal fuses I have seen (at, e.g., Fry's) come with small crimp rings.

--
G. Paul Ziemba
FreeBSD unix:

Ah, Fry's. Unfortunately, the stores are all about three hours from here, and shipping probably would be much more than the cost of the item.

I've bought a Bunn thermal fuse "set" (two connected in "Y" configuration, but I need only one). Should be here Tuesday. I have some crimp connectors and some push-in connectors. Both with insulation rated to 105C, which should be OK.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy