CTX VL400 Blown Capacitor

I have 3 CTX VL400 monitors (FCCID DBL1451E) all have a blown capacitor (C721) and a fried resistor (R717) all have fried them beyond identificaton. I would like to know the values of these componants and possiblites on why they fried. I tryed searching all over the internet and found nothing so far in information about these montiors. I did find out from the place where these monitors were thrown out. Before the caps blew the monitor would turn on normaly and then shut off. Then they kept trying to turn them back on until finally the capacitor blew (and resistor). There not very smart people, oh well at least they were free. Thanks for any help on these monitors.

--
-glasnostJDC
Reply to

The capacitor c721 = 1uF 50V

and te resistor R717 = 5,0 kohm(5000 ohm)(green, something, something) Please let me know if this worked out. Goodluck

jaydee

glasnostJDC Wrote:

--
jaydee