CTX PL-9 19" CRT Monitor Fuzzy Fonts

The above has 1U8-03700474 MFD SEP 2000 on the tag. It has been an excellent monitor for about 5 or so years now. Recently, however, it has intermittently begun to "fuzz" the fonts. I have degaussed it a few times to no avail. When the monitor is cold, everything looks good, but after about

30 mins or so, the fonts turn fuzzy. I normally run my ATI 9700 Pro @ 1024X768 32-bit colour, 85Hz refresh. Is this worth repairing? If so, where would one begin to look? Thanks!

RD

Reply to
RD

From experience with these monitors, the fault is caused by either the HV module is failing, or the CRT is going weak.

I would be out shopping for a new monitor at this time.

--

JANA _____

30 mins or so, the fonts turn fuzzy. I normally run my ATI 9700 Pro @ 1024X768 32-bit colour, 85Hz refresh. Is this worth repairing? If so, where would one begin to look? Thanks!

RD