CTC 185 Usually have to hit power twice for power up.

GE 27'' TV CTC 185 Replaced Flyback, HOT, Regulator transistor, and creamic reistor in powersupply. I usually have to hit the power button twice for it to power on. Remote and the button on the set have the same issue. TV works great once it's powered on. Good picture, no issues. I've never had to hit the button more than twice. Has probally been played at least 20 hrs since repair. I have checked the transistors to see if anything is running hot but all seems well. My question is, is this a sign of it getting ready to fry again or is this a "feature" of this set? I have no clue if it had this issue before I repaired it, I saved it from the curb.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

That kind of symptom is pretty hard to troubleshoot but, you might want to change CR4704 off the flyback. It's for the run 12 volts and may be starting to break down. P/N 207878

Reply to
Tech Data

Thanx for the quick response. Is this something I can live with or will this part take out others when if it fries?

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

The ones I've had to change were causing immediate shutdown with a spurt of high voltage. By that time though, they were either shorted or near shorted so, if you can live with it, let it go till it drops. It was just a wag. Might not even be the issue.

Reply to
Tech Data

Do you have the same problem when using the remote control's power button ??? If not, replace the power button switch in the television. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

It does the same thing with the remote and the power button on set. Besides this little issue the set functions perfect.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

CTC185 tend to have bad coil (5 pin type snap in) type. I had two that needed them, one was motorboating and other one blown chopper & HOT.

Change that coil and check capacitors.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.