Crosley TV Weird Problem

Hi all. I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear.

This picture is taken during a commercial:

And as soon as I switch the satellite, which brings up a blue screen, it comes in normal.

Chas

On Dec 5, 8:50 pm, Chas wrote: > Hi all. > I bought, or got the TV for free. Its an older crosley 27" unit. The > problem is when the screen is black (between commercials) or during > some commercials, weird sometimes colored lines appear. >

My guess is bad cap in the sync separator section. The set loses sync lock in black as the signal amplitude is smallest when black. Schematic would help a lot. The actual part cost is around a dime. Unfortunately the tools and education to actually do it costs somewhat more.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

Horizontal sync unlocks during transitions in video. Unless you have lotsa experience in shotgunning, a scope and service literature showing waveforms in the sync section may be your only hope.

Reply to
Meat Plow

commercial:

normal.http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/rowdy235/?action=view&current=...

this could be tuning drift? especially if the satellite decoder is connected via Av input.

On Dec 6, 11:59 am, b wrote: > On Dec 6, 5:50 am, Chas wrote: >

If he has another TV to try, it would rule the sat receiver good/bad pretty quick. I still vote for the cap in the TV. You can see the Horizontal has lost lock in the photo.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

No I have tested the Satellite Receiver with another tv, it works fine. I was referring to when the blue screen came up. Anyway, I am putting up with it for now. I am supposedly getting a schematic soon, so we'll see.

Reply to
Chas