Craftsman garage door opener extra remote does not work

Hi I have installed a new Craftstman garage door opener, that comes with 2 car remotes in the box. I have bought separately a keyring remote for my bike, and this remote allegedly is compatible with my door opener. However, i have done the "learn" procedure using the extra remote, nothing happens : it is not recognized by the receiver. I have checked tha battery of the remote, and this one is ok. Does anyone know about matching remotes with Craftsman door openers? Is the manual wrong? I noticed while installing two mistakes I had to correct myself.

Jean-Marc

Reply to
Jean-Marc Delaplace

Is the keychain remote also a Craftsman or is it a "universal" brand?

What "learn" procedure are you using? It's takes different steps if it's a universal brand.

Newer (less then 1 yr old) Craftsman openers are on a 315 freq (purple antenna wire) & not the old 390 freq (gray antenna wire). If the keychain remote is not Home Link

compatible & is on the 390 freq it will not work on your opener at all. The same in reverse, if the keychain remote is 315 & if the opener is 390 the keychain remote won't work either.

Doordoc

doordoc

The door opener is:

and the remote IS a craftsman:

The learn procedure is that described in the manual, using the Learn button: First press and release the learn button on the opener. A LED lights for at most 30 seconds. Within this time, press and hold the remote button until the garage lights is on, then release the remote button.

I never could have the lamp light. Jean-Marc

snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net wrote:

Reply to
Jean-Marc Delaplace

What color is the antenna wire on the motor head?

You are trying to program it correctly, so either they are on different frequencies or the keychain remote is defective.

Doordoc

Reply to
doordoc

Reply to