cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning ( MSI motherboard)

when the motherboard starts up , there is always warning sound, and ask to shutdown or not.

actually the cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning.

I have turned off the warning of the cpy fan, it cpu fan in bios said it is

0 rpm.

any help is appreicated.

tia

Reply to
computer

most likely a 3 or more wire fan or someone has the wrong fan in it. try replacing the fan.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Maybe the RPM sensor (built into the fan) is not working. Try replacing with the correct fan - three wire - red - white - black. Otherwise it's likely a problem with the motherboard's RPM sensor. Shouldn't be a problem unless the fan fails... Then your CPU may go up in smoke in less than a second - depending on CPU type, heat sink size, other protection/fans, etc.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

"computer" wrote in news:43ac134e$1@127.0.0.1:

Could be a loose connection. I'd try replugging the fan in first before buying anything.

Puckdropper

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Puckdropper