Corrupted eeproom on Advent Q2035A

Does anybody have any idea how to get this set working again? The set will not power up. The processor just sits in a loop when power is first applied. The degaussing relay gets energized and the set powers up without raster or sound. Pushing any button powers the set off. By lifting the data lead on the serial prom, the set will come on with a blue screen, but does not respond to anything other than the power button. The clock and data signals have normal 5 volt amplitudes. Is there a secret to getting some default values into the eeprom??

David

Reply to
David

I had the same problem with the advnet q2035a TV. At that same time I had a working same model. I switched the eeprom and that fixed it. Previously I had built an eeprom programmer, so I just copied it and it worked fine.

Reply to
drvideo

I saw this reply on the DIY Banner. Do you have the dump or BIN file s we can recreate ours

--
harpermf
Reply to