Convection Microwave. But the Convenction cuts out any ideas ??

Iam getting it fixed i am. But wondering how much to get it fixed. It was a 900 dollar Microwave so i think getting it fixed is the thing to do.

It seems to convect for a few minutes then it cuts out and the Microwave stops. I was thinking a sensor or somthin gis kaput ??

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Alice Rembrant

Also it works like anormal Micowave just fine. Just can't do roast chickens now :(

Reply to
Alice Rembrant

Could be a fan has siezed and is allowing the oven to overheat, either way it's probably fairly simple, just take it to an appliance shop and have them give you a repair estimate.

Reply to
James Sweet

But if you want any detailed repair advice, you must post the model number and manufacturer, and you should be able to perform some basic troubleshooting first. For microwave ovens, this means first understanding the very important safety rules for working on them available at:

Then, you need to be able to do some tests such as checking if the keyboard accepts commands, the door switches operate correctly, and while following the safety rules, you should be able to check whether certain voltages are available at the correct areas and component locations. You need to know how to test components like diodes, switches, capacitors, and fuses.

For safety reasons, if you do not know how to do these things, you should take your microwave to a qualified technician for an estimate on the repair. Otherwise you could do a lot more damage to it, or even worse you can be killed or injured by the high voltage, high current circuits inside. (Microwave ovens are the most dangerous home appliance to work on if you're not careful.)

Don't take any of this the wrong way. Members of this group ENCOURAGE you to do your own repairs, but safety is a priority.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

And not a place that's more interested in selling you a new one!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

way

them

Yes, I should have specified an appliance *service* shop, look for a mom & pop type place that sells parts and does repairs, not a chain store.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check out the thermal cutouts,normally on the case top.There are two with diff. temperatures on them.they will cause the oven to cut out if faulty.Best to just replace than test as they are pretty cheap.

"Too soon we get Old,Too late we get Smart".

Reply to
Seafarer