connectors wanted

for 18 Ga wire out of dashboard receiver.

want to separate connectors n pull receiver out during sensitive parking.

several dc and 4 stereo connectors if possible with no distortion/loss .

broadcast quality .....

Reply to
avagadro7

no suggestions ?

Reply to
avagadro7

yep, Go to any car stereo installation store and ask them.

Reply to
mike

local shop

goo.gl/b7pC5g

Reply to
avagadro7

? RCA plugs for dc .... I was looking for something more orbital but .... tho haven't been to Crutch yet. Maybe Allied. Allied is for buyers know what they're doing.

Reply to
avagadro7

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 9:11:49 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [about quick-disconnect for an auto radio?]

Most auto manufacturers wire power and speakers to a proprietary connector. Different for Ford, Chrysler, etc... but auto sound shops can get a harness for any make or model.

Reply to
whit3rd

I'm burned out on harnessing: direct wire to batt n ground. the connectors are for removing the unit for parking in high crime areas eg trailheads, boat ramps, suburban Chicago, California, Oregon .....

Reply to
avagadro7

ACH cudda used a reminder.

goo.gl/gDfwGu

Reply to
avagadro7

a brain transplant

avagadro7

avagadro7

That's why I suggested using the built-in harness and factory connector, for which mating connectors are a standard item at auto-stereo-install outlets.

Reply to
whit3rd

the receiver has 5 essential connections: grnd. power, ignition OK, relay to amp, and ? I forgot....

the harness includes Bluetooth, several links to Area 51, and X

so what can be done is wire directly to battery n ground with real Ga wires, solder a male RCA, wire up the receiver with permanent conections...eg 2 short Streetwires audio cables, n link to those males with a double end female RCAs

so when parking at the boat ramp or trail head, the unit pulls from the instrument panel n goes back into cargo.

A 2006 Kenwood Replaced the 2006 with a 2016 finding the 1 does not have a users equalizer. The unit was wired in with power grnd to batt where the 2006 was wired into Ford's system.

The direct wiring sounds significantly better than the Ford system.

could be from XM not moving fast into distorting my sound channel #1 but having a custom electric system outside Ford's I went with the direct approach.

ordered a batch from Amazon.....the cheapies...there are 2 here in a box for tv camera video rearview mirror...so prob buy more from amphenol.

Reply to
avagadro7