computer monitor repairing

Anyone now about the website which have learning about monitor repairin

from basic concept to advance troubleshooting for monitors. if anybod know about it please send an email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co

-- waqarshakeel7

Reply to
waqarshakeel7

Below, are some links. This is the best ever, FAQ about repairs, and how electronic devices work.

You will find that especially with monitor repairs, most of the time there is no access to many of the parts, and it is usually impossible to have any service manuals. I myself found computer monitors not worth to repair, if the problem is more than a simple cold solder connection, or an obvious thing I can fix in a few minutes.

--
Jerry G.
======

I agree...

Even if I can't fix something easily, at least I learned something that I can use next time. With the cost of them coming down so quickly, once you invest in a service manual and spend a few hours looking at it, you could have purchased a new monitor for the same relative cost. Or be like my friend who purchases used 19-20" monitors for $15-$20 maximum at an electronics surplus house.

If the problem is in the computer control circuits, it simply isn't worth the expense to repair. Replacement flybacks are usually available however again, the cost is usually more than the monitor is worth. My motto is that if I am approaching 1/3rd the cost of a new monitor on the repair of something old then it is time to cut my losses.

Of course, this is just my opinion, your mileage will vary...

any

Reply to
Kirk S.