Compaq R3000 Laptop (AMD Processor) Charge Circuit Problem

Hello All, My laptop no longer charges the battery. I need a motherboard schematic or at least somebody that knows what 'normally' dies in that circuit. There is a current sense resistor in the charge path, and some FETs that i cannot find a datasheet for. There must be some comparators somewhere in there controlling the FETs. Dose anybody know about this circuit,or have a schematic??

Thanks!!!

-Stephen

Reply to
gruv2ths

It seems a difficult mission. A schematic...

Reply to
Electronic Elephant

Most likely failure: Broken solder joints on the DC input connector. Fix: disassemble enough to reach the solder side, re-solder. It is much easier to find instruction on disassembly than a schematic. If you REALLY need a schematic, then the machine is not repairable.

Reply to
webpa

Have you tried a replacement battery pack and if so does it behave the same way? Many times the charging circuit/charger is fine, but the battery pack itself pops a thermal fuse so will no longer charge.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman