Coin Cell Batteries, is there any difference shapes?

We are building a wildlife radio tag for seals. We have the outside case constructed, but the space for the battery is in a square shape. We would like to use a Silver oxide coin cell battery, but instead of it being circular, are coin cells (button cells) available in the shape of a square or rectangle?

Thanks.

Reply to
k_fitchgerald

not really. round cells fit in square holes though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

can you not fill the whole length of the tag fastener with small button cells? Embedded in the plastic.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry