circuit tape connected to tv screen is torn off partially

circuit tape connected to tv screen is torn off partially (top of tv screen insignia ) how do I reconnect it ? I can't find anything on the net so far. Clues wound be nice.

and yes it was me, james

Reply to
James Russell

Circuit tape? What on earth is that?

How about double-sided tape to stick it back in place? Artist supply shops have very thin tape, you don't want to use foam double-sided. Or you local Dollar Store has a variety...

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

A flat flex connector perhaps?

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you're talking about a flexible circuit that is (was) bonded to the LCD screen proper, you're SOL.

If you're talking about the flexible ribbons that connect between the display screen and the tcon using flip-up connectors, you can find these on ebay from someone who carelessly ripped a bonded LCD screen ribbon and is parting out what's left..

Reply to
John-Del

If it is that, then before giving up it might be worth trying this stuff:

Unlikely to work but might be fun trying. Alignment would be very critical.

Reply to
Chris Jones

creen insignia ) how do I reconnect it ? I can't find anything on the net s o far. Clues wound be nice.

LCD screen proper, you're SOL.

l.

I actually got that tape to work on the bonded ribbon between the display a nd the address board many years ago on a 720 (where the spacing was wider), but only on the address board side. Most of the ribbons are bonded to the glass in between the plastic laminate layers and are not accessible unless the plastic can be pealed off without damaging the glass beneath.

Reply to
John-Del