Changing display color on Clarion ARX6170R car stereo?

Does anyone know how to change the display color on a Clarion ARX6170R car stereo?

It is an old stereo and the two green bulbs behind the LCD have burned out.

I opened the panel up last night and noticed that there is another set of lamps which appears to be orange. The LED:s that illuminate the buttons also appear to be multi color so I figured I just switch to the other color, which probably would match the red illumination in the car much better.

Unfortunately I have no users manual, and I have tried to figure out how to change the color without it, but have failed.

I bought a manual online, which just arrived, but even though the file name indicates that it should be for an ARX6170R, it is for an apparently simpler ARX3170V/E, that does not appear to have selectable display color :-(

Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Called the distributor and got the correct sequence.

Press and hold the ~~ button, toggle with the station number 1 button.

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom