CEN-TECH 10/2/50A 12v Manual Charger Burned out

Proof that you do not know what you are doing: a) There are roughly four (4) lead-acid battery charger circuits. There are any number of variations, but on basic themes. i. This does not count the computerized Arduino-based systems. Just what is available OTC at your local auto-parts store. ii. This does not count charger-starters, or those items with a built-in jump-starter. b) Two of which are smart. Two of which are pretty basic, but effective. i. Differences between each are a matter of scale, not so much circuitry. ii. And, heavier chargers will need heavier circuits. Obviously. And why Harbor-Freight is not a good place to start, pretty much with anything. c) Five minutes, or less, of internet manipulation would have made you aware of all of these things. And even have given you a head-start on diagnosis. d) Suggesting that you are not very savvy in the first place. Subsequent events have borne that out.

So, we have established that you are looking for a magic bullet: Do *THIS ONE THING* and all will be well. We have established that you have no concern as to quality-of-parts or for the source of those parts: You purchased relays in bulk and for cheap from eBay. We have established that you are in that habit as well: dubious quality purchased as cheaply as possible. We have established that your time is worth nothing to you. And by extension, nor is anyone else's time. We have even tried to help - by suggesting that you not continue down a futile path attempting to resurrect a piece of junk, but to replace it with one more suitable to *your* purposes. We even suggested that there is some risk attached to your process.

At this point, just go for it!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

re any number of variations, but on basic themes.

is available OTC at your local auto-parts store.

jump-starter.

Harbor-Freight is not a good place to start, pretty much with anything.

are of all of these things. And even have given you a head-start on diagnos is.

events have borne that out.

ONE THING* and all will be well.

r the source of those parts: You purchased relays in bulk and for cheap fro m eBay.

urchased as cheaply as possible.

ion, nor is anyone else's time.

utile path attempting to resurrect a piece of junk, but to replace it with one more suitable to *your* purposes.

Peter peter.. what are you REALLY saying here? It sounds like, "Look at me I'm schmart and you're not." Why do you think I took to the internet and ask what I should be looking for? Instead I get morons like you. Pretendi ng to care about my health. In reality you just wanted to wave your old-ma n cane in the air.

This is what I would have done as "Nice-Pete".

"Hey bud, I see you are looking at repairing a harbor Freight battery charg er. In my experience the chargers will fail even if repaired and cost more money down the line. They can be repurposed for other things since they h ave such a large transformer in them but that's about it. If you are still seeking to repair it.. try these websites that offer insight into basic c ircuitry that can point you in the right directly. It's helped me in the p ast. Hope you have fun and be careful."

Instead I got a nosey prick with nothing better to do than to belittle some one else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No no. Bad Petey. I'm already getting good info on other forums. Now go away.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 1:26:41 PM UTC-4, Edward Hernandez whined: In reality you just wanted to wave your old-man cane in the air.

rger. In my experience the chargers will fail even if repaired and cost mo re money down the line. They can be repurposed for other things since they have such a large transformer in them but that's about it. If you are sti ll seeking to repair it.. try these websites that offer insight into basic circuitry that can point you in the right directly. It's helped me in the past. Hope you have fun and be careful."

meone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No no. Bad Petey. I 'm already getting good info on other forums. Now go away.

At least you admit that Peter's original advice was sound, even if he didn' t package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

Reply to
John-Del

I would never do that to a puppy!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

:

harger. In my experience the chargers will fail even if repaired and cost m ore money down the line. They can be repurposed for other things since they have such a large transformer in them but that's about it. If you are stil l seeking to repair it.. try these websites that offer insight into basic c ircuitry that can point you in the right directly. It's helped me in the pa st. Hope you have fun and be careful."

someone else with less experience. Awww. Peter-weter. No no. Bad Petey. I'm already getting good info on other forums. Now go away.

n't package it with the crayons and puppies you clearly need.

Did I really admit anything? I guess we'll never know. My job here is don e. Puppies would have been nice though.

XOXO

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Clearly Edward Hernandez is a self-entitled prick who thinks the world revolves around him. If he were using a female sounding nickname he'd be an excelled example of a 'karen'.

Feather Duster

ed:

A Karen you say. Nice. So I ask for help, assholes post and provide none and I'm the Karen. Come on, really. You're just upset that I won't stop p osting. I will be the last one to post. I have time you see. Lots and lo ts of time. I've already made progress on my lil charger but this post... I'm still drawn to it. Something about you assholes just tickles me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Many years ago, when we lived in a high-rise in NYC, we used a large laundr y room on the ground floor of the building. It came to pass that we noticed that there was a gentleman who was very focused on getting the full use of his dryer time ($0.10 for ten (10) minutes in those days). We realized th at for $0.60 per hour, we could hold him in that laundry room indefinitely. He would turn the heat down to "Cool Air" before he gave up *his* time.

You remind me of that individual.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

dry room on the ground floor of the building. It came to pass that we notic ed that there was a gentleman who was very focused on getting the full use of his dryer time ($0.10 for ten (10) minutes in those days). We realized t hat for $0.60 per hour, we could hold him in that laundry room indefinitely . He would turn the heat down to "Cool Air" before he gave up *his* time.

Nice story pops. You know, I looked around a bit just on this group and no ticed something. You two clowns have been at this comedy bit for over 20 y ears! Hahah. So I was right from the start about you two trolls. This ge ts better everyday.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Yeah, and assholes like you have come and gone, never to be seen again.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Lol. I get it. I'll eventually tire of this game, yes. I have real stuff todo after all but this is such a nice break. I really feel great. I mea n, here we have like an old group of, forum pirates? It's sad and funny at the same time. I'm like smiling ear to ear right now. Thank you! A buddy asked, "Why even bother?". They don't understand. This is like tapping o n an ant farm. Watching the lil tiny animals buzz about. Trapped in their little enclosure. I was laughing so hard at some of your other posts. It 's also like see an aging "adult" trying desperately to holding on to somet hing. I don't know what.

Lol. Joy!

P.S. The more profanity you use the more neanderthal you become. Careful * Wink*.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Well, we do have you twirling like an Iranian centrifuge - and for one helluva lot less than $0.60/hour.

Reply to
peterwieck33

A centrifuge? Aww, who's a clever boy?! You are! Yes you are!

Do better pete.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Boo from Ann M. Blau

Reply to
Ann M. Blau

Boo from Brian A. Covington

Reply to
Brian A. Covington

Boo from Mark C. Miller

Reply to
Mark C. Miller

Boo from Daniel B. Widner

Reply to
Daniel B. Widner

Boo from John Del

Oh, whoever took the "over" of 10 days for making this troll dance on command is a winner. Collect your prize at the next Kutztown PA radio show.

Reply to
John-Del

Hey hey! Welcome to the party. So it appears that these aging trolls have a little gang. Where were you when they were being unhelpful and and just being lil bullies? Shame on you.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez