CD Rom Drive and Floppy Disk Driver, Same Type of Problem at the Same Time!!!

Hi,

My cousin asked me to repair his Compaq Presario 1060 laptop (Windows 95) which developed two problems at the same time!!!

One of the two problems has to do with the floppy disk drive which suddenly has trouble reading floppy disks. The other problem (started around the same time as the floppy drive problem) has to do with the CD rom drive. That too has trouble reading CD rom files!!! Note: Using it's external power supply, which I had tested under load (AOK), the problems still exist. Note: This laptop was not damaged by a storm.

The hard disk drive works just fine. Is there something that could have effected both the floppy drive and the CD rom drive, but not effect the HDD?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad