Carbon Monoxide detector

Can anyone recommend a competitively priced replacement for my CO detector that has prematurely reached the end of its life please?

It's a 'Model SF350EN', labeled 'British Gas' and its supplier, SF Detection, want an exorbitant £30 to replace it. Seems daylight robbery to me. They insist the whole unit needs replacing 'because the sensor dries out'.

The sticker on mine says 'Replace by January 2012', and given that it was only installed a couple of years ago I feel short-changed.

I'm tempted to try making one myself. I made a smoke alarm many years ago which I vaguely recall used a gas sensor as its principal component. Are CO sensors similar and easily obtained?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Reply to

Terry Pinnell schrieb:

Have a look here:

HTH,

Jorgen

Reply to
Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

If you go to that famous acution site, use advanced search to select UK only and buy it now, you will find many of them under $20 (US) with free postage to the UK. Obvoiusly the price is in UKP, but I since I have my currency set to US dollars, they are automaticaly converted for me.

Last I looked, that's about 12 pounds 50.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Occam's Razor does not apply to electronics. If something won't turn on, it's

Thanks Geoff. Duly ordered one for £11.99, just under $20 USD:

I could probably find a sensor for a fraction of that and make my own, but life's too short!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Reply to