Can you identify this JVC power plug?

Hi,

I wonder if someone here can help me identify this power plug, used by JVC in its digital camcorders

Is it proprietary, as I suspect? Or can this part be easily obtained?. I've seen cheap Chinese "oem chargers" out there, which come with this power plug, so someone must be manufacturing the part.

Ideas? Thoughts?. I'd like to create a few super-long charger cables for my camera, without cutting my original charger or going through the hassle of buying separate chargers and doing the "cut cable, solder and extend it".

In fact, I'm even thinking about doing my own 12V DC wiring and having power outputs for the camera on several locations.

So, the $1M question is... what's the name of this plug? where can I obtain this part (I'd buy more than one).

FC

Reply to
fcassia

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1167918018.776701.123830@

11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

Can't tell from the picture what the prongs look like. Can you take another couple photos, closer, from two different angles?

Reply to
Jim Land