Cable Repair

USB Phone cord.
Molded connectors.

At phone end, cable cracked all around at end of strain relief.
Interior wires are OK.

Cannot get shrink tube over connectors of correct size to facilitate repair.

What is the best way to repair this?

Trying to keep at least 2/3 of strain relief at connector flexible.

Re: Cable Repair

Sugru

--
Adrian C

Re: Cable Repair
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:23:53 +0000, Adrian Caspersz

<https://sugru.com
<https://sugru.com/tech-gadget/how-to-repair-a-usb-charger-cable
Agreed, but somewhat expensive.

I use hot melt glue when I don't care if it flexes.  If I want flex, I
use RTV (silicon rubber), Awsome Goo (hard to find), or Shoe Goo.

Re: Cable Repair

Shoe Goo and regular Goop (nearly the same thing) work great, as Jeff
says, and, if you spit on your fingers, you can mold the stuff neatly
around the wire to make a nice strain relief.

Isaac

Re: Cable Repair

hotmelt glue roughly wrapped around, when cooled , heatshrink sleeving
over connector and cord and reheat ,then cut away surplus ooze when cool

Site Timeline