cable for HP 1000 laser printer

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port (D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the cable I will be glad to know. thanks

Reply to
fynnashba

Is your printer like the one described here?

If so, it has a USB interface, if not, please reply with the exact model number of your printer. The connector you described in your post may well be a serial port.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg