Bypassing a central heating controller.

I am unable to understand the intricate instructions on a Siemens "Chronogyr Rev15" con troller.

Can I simply bypass this unit and use a common household time clock instead.

I just need something to turn it on at 18.00hr & off at 21.00hr.

I care nothing for "zoning", etc etc

Please help.

Reply to
Peter Jason

A lot of CH systems do/did just that. You should find the relevant contacts marked slightly explicatorily.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Given that most instructions for these devices are written in Sanskrit using roman characters, that is no surprise.

Yes, you may use a simple timer - but there are issues with that:

a) Freezing b) Battery/power failure

I suggest that if you want to use a very simple timer, that you back it up with a basic two-wire thermostat set to the lowest temperature you can tolerated. Then have your timer bypass it for when you want thinks warmer.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Thank you. Our needs are simple because we all work business hrs. We want the thing to turn on about 1-hr before everyone gets home and off when everyones' in bed. The house is large and has umpteen hot-water panel radiators that take time to warm up.

Reply to
Peter Jason