Bush DVR-3004 Locks up (DVD recorder)

I've got this dvd recorder, when you insert a disc the play logo appears and the disc spins but no picture appears on the screen and none of the front panel buttons function ie stop, fast forward, rew. It feels as though it has locked up but then another time when you put disc in the picture appears but goes off after a short while. I cleaned the cd lens but that mad no difference. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Jack00

Other than making sure the sled travels on its rails freely (except for the slight resistance of the motor and worm gear) and the optics are clear there isn't a whole lot you as a consumer can do.

Mechanical problems are more common but it would be hard to diagnose without some basic test instruments and service literature.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:11:00 -0800 (PST), Jack00 put finger to keyboard and composed:

If the DVD writer is an IDE type, then you could replace it with a PC DVD writer.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I replaced a few capacitors in the power supply and that has made a difference ie functions work now but the playback sound of a disc is very low and the audio of an external device by scart is also very low too. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jack00

I did this with a Lite On stand alone DVD play/burn. Had a Lite On PC drive that I replaced with an HP Litescribe and took the chassis out and controller then replaced the drive in the stand alone. Works fine except obviously it won't record dual layer. There are some pics on my photobucket site;

Meat Plow

I was going to suggest caps in the power supply, as Bush machines suffer very badly with them. Have you ever had this working correctly, or is it a recent acquisition that you picked up cheap somewhere, because of the originally described fault ? The reason that I ask this is that if the machine is new to you, then it would be worth going through the audio setup menus in some depth, as sometimes, you can find an odd sound downmix mode set that may not be immediately obvious without picking through what's set, very carefully.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily