Broken notebook SVGA ext monitor output

I broke it using it as an active feed to determine the pinning to an unknown proprietary input to a video projector. There seems to be low level syncs ie not full level, RGB outs are normal. What may have been the damage, maybe I connected it to the 5V undroppered supply on the projector connector ,or a +/-9V RS232 line on it or perhaps just hot-plugging. Broken TTL chip/fused fusible R/VTS diode failed ? I don't intend getting inside this notebook just to fix the monitor out, I'll wait until something more disabling occures before I go venturing inside, just curious what sort of damage I may have done. No great problem as I acquired a USB to VGA adaptor plus driver SW(useful for the situation when someone else's laptop may not have an SVGA , to feed into this projector). Reminder to myself, next time, use an old desktop pc with a sacrificable output card.

Reply to
N_Cook