Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

Hi there,

Could someone please tell me the data of the electorlit capacitors on the battery side of the charging circuit in the shaver? One in mine is blown up, so the shaver does not charge the battery, and the IC on the panel is getting too hot. I can't find any service manual and/or partlist for this model:(

Thanks for the answers!

Reply to
szabados.matyas

There is no service support to service the boards in your shaver at the component level. The service people change the complete board as a module. Most likely there are more damaged components than just the cap and the IC.

You can call the Braun rep in your area to see if they will sell you a board directly. For many of their products, they usually will only supply their authorized service centres only.

--

JANA _____

Could someone please tell me the data of the electorlit capacitors on the battery side of the charging circuit in the shaver? One in mine is blown up, so the shaver does not charge the battery, and the IC on the panel is getting too hot. I can't find any service manual and/or partlist for this model:(

Thanks for the answers!

Reply to
JANA

Someone in or near your town is the agent and has the new module.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Thank you for the answers, That board would be expensive for this time, 'cause I've bougth the razor for 5 EURs. The batteries should be replaced, and that part, which I don't know what is. I continue searching for someone, who has the same or a similar razor, and may can say me more about that part.

Greetingz

Reply to
szabados.matyas

If I was doing this, I would try a 0,01 uF and see how much it charged. Then I would increase the capacitance to get to a suitable level of current.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

A datasheet of the charging control IC would help a lot, but there is nowhere to be found. That is a TM34C which was made by ST electronics. Google finds only hits is Korea and Japan :( I was wondering how complicated can be a charging circuit... I've posted a picture of the PCB to a german forum, you can check it.

szabados.matyas

if you need to do it cheaply, why try to replace the parts like for like, as that wont be cheap. NiCds and Nimh can be charged off a suitable wallwart wit a bit of series resistance. The difference is that with no charge controller its best to charge them a bit slower.

Also motorised shavers dont need chargers and batteries anyway, you can run the motor straight off a wallwart.

NT

Reply to
meow2222