Boss RE20 Space Echo effects pedal

The DSP works giving a spacey output but only when the Intensity control is at 3/4 to full, so too much, and straight through input sound component very low level. Straight through, effects off, is good normal signal level out. The pots and switches check out ok, the mode switch is resistive and does the mode change ok.

Reply to
N_Cook

Looking closer, corrossion product from beer or whatever near the input and SMD FET and a 4558, gives something non-dsp, to probe tomorrow, no mention of beer-swilling of course.

Reply to
N_Cook
2 topcode XG marked FETs? on the board, both with 21.7V on and other pins reasonable looking DC on them, one with corrossion around. No mention of phantom power in the user manual, I wonder what that is doing near the input. 9.3V fed onto battery supply line. 2x JRC 14558,IC4 and IC2 that one in corrossion , the other some way away, 0,8.2V supplies and 6x 5.5V on the other pins. The corroded one power rails and only 2, pins 3 and 5 commoned at 5.5V and 4 pins with all sorts of DC and varying somewhat, in effects on or off mode. So off with that SMD and a 4558 will go in there and see what happens
Reply to
N_Cook

In an SMD device codebook I have, XG is a BZX284-B13 and is listed as a 0.4W 13V zener. An XGs is an BCR523 which is an NPN DTR 50V 0.5A.

Hope this helps, Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

Whatever the XG are, they are true 3 pin active SOT23 devices, not 2 plus common

Reply to
N_Cook

Normal function returns for all that Star-Trekky stuff.

4.1V dc (half 8.2V) now on both 4558 pins ins and outs, all 12 such pins. I'll try and find out how beer got to where it pooled , as not an obvious landing place.
Reply to
N_Cook