Bose Wave Radio Series 3 Service Manual?

Did not realize there were so many different Bose Wave Radios until checked Bose Wave Radio without CD Repair Information

If am correct reading my DOM 970902 it was manufactured in 1997. at bottom right of label is 185961 Rev01

After checking the repair prices may want to try myself but would like to get the Service Manual.

Googled using "Bose Wave Radio Series 3 Service Manual" and found "[PDF]Bose wave radio series iii service manual - WordPress.com

Products 1 - 25 of 25 - The Bose Owners Guide Wave Radio AM189930, B, Bose Stereo. BOSE WAVE RADIO SERIES 3 SERVICE MANUAL PRINTED, ..."

but when tried got 404 -- File not found.

Does anyone know of another site for it?

Appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

The elektrotanya.com site returns 85 items on keyword "Bose". Maybe any of these can help?

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

Hi c4urs11,

Thanks for the elektrotanya.com site tip.

new user registration by invitation only or by a good test./"

Could you please tell me what to do.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

Hi Arfa Daily,

"Contact me off-group at the address I used to post this" Was trying to left and right click on your Icon but nothing.

Please give me detailed instructions how to contact you.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

Arfa Daily,

One thing I noticed that most likely will not be in the service manual is that most of the Preset Station Buttons are not working.

Checked and there are presets for all 6 buttons but only 1 works.

Have heard of this for remotes that the contacts are dirty so nothing happens when press button.

Any suggestions how to clean these buttons?

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

You can download without registering but only two files per day.

DON'T click on any liks that say "dowwnload" anything. Down under the preview there is some text. the word "processing" is down there somewhere. Watch that and then click it when it cahnges to "get file".

Reply to
jurb6006

Ken,

The manual on the site is a scanned copy with average resolution. You may be better off with the manual Arfa offers.

I most often drop dusty/dirty electronics in an ultrasonic cleaner using tap water with a spoonful of Tickopur (off eBay). The results are amazing. When there are sensitive components to protect, I suspend the circuit and keep the critical part from immersion.

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

Thanks everyone for your detailed instructions!

Will follow your advice!

Thanks again

Ken

Reply to
KenO

Arfa Daily,

"Contact me off-group Ken. The email is in the header, but if you're viewing the group through a web based portal rather than via a 'proper' usenet client, you might not be able to see it."

I am using Chrome Browser & Windows 7 and can only see part of email address.

When I do a right click do not get "copy email address" and when do normal copy paste only get part of email address. For example snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

I can not install my own apps but can use portable Win apps.

Any recommendations concerning "portable usenet client"(s)

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

From the headers, Ken appears to be using Google Groups. Google does that to email addresses (mine would look like snipped-for-privacy@att.net). Partly this is so that "live" email addresses don't show up in their public Usenet archive, which is probably a good thing.

When you're actually logged in to Google, and/or trying to *post* a newsgroup message through Google, sometimes Google will un-munge the email address to something usable, and sometimes it won't.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Arfa Daily,

"I put the whole email address in a previous post for you. It is snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com"

I copied your email address and when put in email to: shows javascript: in red which means it is not valid.

Guess I need to change browsers to read group? Are there any that work with the emails?

Also how do I access the newsgroup directly?

Lets try the reverse, can you read my entire email address?

If yes please send me a test email.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

Googled "google groups using a newsgroup reader" and found Access google groups using a newsgroup reader

"How on earth can I avoid having to use the web interface for google groups? I already have a newsgroup reader, and would like to keep everything there.... Ok, seems this isn't possible:

"... "You can subscribe via email, that's one way."

Maybe I should try it?

Ken

Reply to
KenO

Try this:

arfa.daily AT ntlworld.com

Substitute @ for AT

Reply to
JW

Finally found sci.electronics.repair in my email spam folder.

Can now read the entire email address.

Thanks for the help

Ken

Reply to