Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly?

First one?, no model number seen. Cassette deck and radio, no CD. I've got the ps section removed but cannot get to the cassette deck area to replace the belts etc. Like monitor casings, but where to release plastic catches?

Reply to
N_Cook

Could not be easier, with hindsight. Unlike later Waves, remove the telescop[ic antenna mounting screw.

Reply to
N_Cook

At least Sony has the decency to put arrows next to the screws you're supposed to remove.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Yes, no arrows here. I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with just one screw holding it there. 1987 date probably.

Reply to
N_Cook

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded together .

1987 on the deck motor. Perished pulley tyre, 1,2 or 3 "O" rings will go in there. The drive bands are just about working order, at least I can measure unstretched lengths before replacing with sliced silicon rubber replacements
Reply to
N_Cook

repeated as first attempt evaporated The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded together .

1987 on the deck motor. Perished pulley tyre, 1,2 or 3 "O" rings will go in there. The drive bands are just about working order, at least I can measure unstretched lengths before replacing with sliced silicon rubber replacements
Reply to
N_Cook

repeated as first 2 attempts evaporated The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded together .

1987 on the deck motor. Perished pulley tyre, 1,2 or 3 "O" rings will go in there. The drive bands are just about working order, at least I can measure unstretched lengths before replacing with sliced silicon rubber replacements
Reply to
N_Cook

If this msg fails to materialise , no more attempts today. The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded together .